Abstract of title to a messuage and lands in Houghton Regis agreed to be conveyed to Edmund Thorn.
|Title:||Abstract of title to a messuage and lands in Houghton Regis agreed to be conveyed to Edmund Thorn.|
Very detailed and dating from 1674 - 1803. The property concerned is described, in the early deeds as:
- messuage in Houghton Regis with pightle belonging (3 acres)
- pieces of land in fields of Houghton Regis (107 acres)
- land at Bidwell in Houghton Regis (3 acres 2 rod 0 perch)
- 3 butts arable in North Field of Houghton Regis (1 acre 2 rod 0 perch)
After enclosure the following is mentioned:
- plot in Back Lane (14 perch)
- parcel in Malmsey Piece (9 acres 2 rod 37 perch)
The main families concerned are Britten and Nightingale.
With note on front 'Mr Morgan. 1 Ga [guinea], to peruse Abstract and advise whether a purchaser is competent to take this Title seeing that there none of the ancient Deeds stated therein can be found'
With detailed Counsel's opinion. 'I conceive.... upon the whole, that the purchaser will be bound to accept the title' 1803
|Held by:||Bedfordshire Archives & Records Service, not available at The National Archives|